Do you love cheese? Delight in pasta? Do you like creamy desserts? Are you looking for new, original, and creative dairy recipes? Here's the cookbook that will take your dairy life to a whole new level!
Invite Leah Schapira and Victoria Dwek – the bestselling authors of the "Made Easy" series – into your kitchen to take you on a dairy culinary adventure.
Here you'll learn to customize your quiches and make restaurant-worthy pizzas. You can turn your home into a gourmet cafè when you're enjoying a Coffee Frappe and Chocolate Croissant Rolls (easier to make than you'd ever believe!). Bored of baked ziti for dinner on dairy night? How about a Hot Asian Mushroom Salad and Cajun Creamy Penne? And for dessert, let's try Peanut Butter Crème Brúlèe or – believe it! – The 180-Calorie (or Less) Cheesecake.
As in all the "Made Easy" cookbooks, the recipes are triple-tested, with accessible ingredients and clear, fun-to-follow instructions. Dairy Made Easy also features a Cheese Guide and guides to making some recipes lighter or parve. Here are a few select recipes.
Baked Roasted Veggie Pasta
- 1 lb fusilli or penne pasta
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 1 zucchini, cut into half moons
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- kosher salt, to taste
- coarse black pepper, to taste
- 6 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh or frozen basil
1. Prepare pasta according to package directions.
2. Preheat oven to 400°F. In a 9 x 13-inch pan, combine cherry tomatoes, red onions, and zucchini. Toss with olive oil and garlic powder. Bake for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add pasta to vegetables and mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Preheat oven to broil and broil for 10 minutes, stirring after 5 minutes.
5. Add feta cheese and basil; stir to combine (the heat will melt the cheese). Serve hot or at room temperature.
You can add more veggies to the mix. We also love this pasta with red peppers instead of tomatoes.
We made the pasta in this photo using broken lasagna sheets.
Yield: 3-4 servings
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- ½ tsp dried basil
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- pinch coarse black pepper
- 1 (24-in) baguette
- shredded cheese
- 3 long wooden skewers
1. Preheat oven to 475°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Heat oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add onion and sauté for 3-4 minutes. Add pepper and sauté for an additional 3 minutes. Season with basil, salt, and pepper.
3. Cut off the ends of the baguette; discard ends or reserve for another purpose. Slice baguette into 1 ½ inch thick slices (you should have about 15 slices). Slit each slice through the top, leaving the lower end uncut.
4. Thread each skewer through uncut (lower) part of 5 slices. Add vegetable mixture and cheese into each slit. Place skewers onto prepared baking sheet, cheese side up.
5. Place baking sheet on upper oven rack (top quarter of oven) and bake for 4-5 minutes, or until cheese is melted and top of bread is slightly browned.
6. Remove skewers and serve mini sandwiches alongside a salad and dipping sauces.
Serve these sandwiches alongside a selection of dressings, such as our Creamy Parmesan Dressing on page 54, Pesto Mayo Dressing on page 56, or Garlic Dressing on page 62.
You can experiment with different cheeses inside your Hasselback Baguettes. We like Natural & Kosher’s Mexican blend.
Pomegranate Apple Salad with Creamy Parmesan
- 1 head Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 apple, diced or sliced
- seeds of ½ pomegranate
- 1 grapefruit, supremed
- 2 Tbsp finely diced red onion
- ¼ cup light mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- pinch coarse black pepper
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
1. In a large bowl, combine lettuce, apple, pomegranate seeds, grapefruit, and red onion.
Click here to order your copy of Dairy Made Easy.