- If I could live my life over, what would I change?
- What would bring me more happiness than anything else in the world?
- What project or goal, if left undone, will I most regret next Rosh Hashana?
- If I knew I could not fail, what would I undertake to accomplish in life?
- If I could give my children three pieces of advice, what would they be?
- What am I working at now in my life that requires the most time and energy? Is this what I ideally want to be doing with my time?
- Is this what I want to be working most at in 10 years from now? In 40 years from now?
- If not, what do I ideally want to "work at" -- i.e. what do I want to be spending most of my time and energy doing?
- What do I feel is the "ultimate good" that a human being can strive towards?
- Is closeness to God central to my ultimate life goal? What do I have to work on to achieve greater closeness?
Sometime during the High Holidays this year, spend some time writing a one-sentence personal mission statement:
"My mission in life is to..."