• Excellent video explaining the entire incident.
• Videos of Mavi Marmara crew members talking about preparations for violent confrontation with IDF soldiers.
• How the "activists" prepared for violent confrontation.
• French philosopher Bernard Henri-Levy writes about the flood of hypocrisy: "It’s Time to Stop Demonizing Israel."
• Video: IDF transfers humanitarian aid from Gaza Flotilla to Gaza Strip.
• Michael Oren, Israel’s ambassador to the United States, has his say with a New York Times op-ed.
• "Peace activist" declares: "I want to be a martyr."
• Even if Glenn Beck is not your cup of tea, check out his spot-on analysis.
• Statement by Prime Minister Bibi Netanyahu: "No Love Boat"
• Alan Dershowitz: International law and the Gaza flotilla: An open-and-shut case
On May 31, a ship from the Free Gaza movement en route from Turkey was ostensibly trying to deliver supplies to Gaza.
Israel – suspicious that the ship contained terrorists and weapons – offered to unload the ship, where the cargo would be inspected and then delivered to needy Gazans.
The operators of the ship refused.
Israel sent repeated requests for the boat to change course. The response: "Negative, negative." (See video of warnings)
The Israeli Navy then boarded the ship off the costal waters of Gaza, to take control and escort the ship to the Israeli port of Ashdod.
As the soldiers rappelled down from a helicopter onto the ship, they were immediately attacked with steel pipes, wooden clubs and knives. (See video of "peace activists" attacking IDF soldiers.)
The soldiers were primarily carrying paintball guns designed for crowd control, and back-up pistols which some activists grabbed and used to shoot the Israeli soldiers. (See video of Israeli soldiers being attacked by live gunfire.) The soldiers’ lives were in immediate danger.
The main sponsor of the flotilla is IHH, which has close ties to Hamas, Hezbollah and Al Qaeda - and was ostracized even by Turkey before the present Islamic government took over. (Read about the IHH.)
• Legal background on the Gaza flotilla and the maritime blockade of Gaza.
• First-person account from an Israeli soldier.
• "Suicide Activists on the Gaza Flotilla" – exploring the media’s biased coverage of the event.
• Interview with Peter Cook, maritime security expert. Fast-forward to 1:30 where he clearly explains the sequence of events.
• Amazing video of Jewish high school student bravely confronting an angry crowd of anti-Israel demonstrators in Los Angeles. (See interview with “Daniel” at 2:30)
• "Peace activist" (wearing the orange life jacket) beating an Israeli soldier with a metal rod and stabbing him in the chest.
• Al-Jazeera report of "peace activists" creating war atmosphere before confronting Israel – invoking the battle of Khaybar, where Muslims carried out a massacre of Jews in the 7th century.
• Clips from Arabic TV show the activists chanting songs of martyrdom.
Resources and Links
• FlotillaFacts.com from Stand With Us
• Flotilla Facts: New and Analysis (Talk Gaza)