Get latest articles and videos with Jewish
inspiration and insights
My mother almost left this world without my love.
Forgiving those who actively continue to seek your death is just another form of suicide.
Friends and family of the slain Argentine prosecutor believe there will be no justice for the bombing victims, nor for him.
“What you saw here today was naked, blind anti-Semitism.”
The Jews' disproportionate impact on world history.
Dispelling common distortions about the situation in France.
Would you let your kids, 10 and 6, walk home alone from a park a mile away?
I made a New Year’s Resolution, and I kept it…until now.
The shocking benefits of a simple smile.
The dramatic true story of how German Jews were rescued from Nazi submarines in 1940.
Get motivated to achieve your goals.
An infographic on how to drop unresolved anger and find inner peace.
Why doesn’t everyone come right out and say they cheated?
An infographic that could change your life if you put it into practice.
Refraining from saying certain things is just as important as what we say.
An infographic on how to know you’re ready to tie the knot.
Q&A after a bad date.
How to get a great relationship to come to you.
From the Holocaust to the Israeli flag, what is the deeper meaning of this six-pointed Jewish symbol?
Large numbers of Jews were exiled and disappeared. Where are they now?
The amazing journey of Jim Long, an observant Noachide.
Practical and relevant insights on the weekly parsha.
Advanced-level midrashic and Kabbalistic illuminations on the weekly parsha.
Lessons, stories and discussion questions for parents and kids.
Everything you need to know about the Jewish holiday. Share with your family and friends.
Like the trees in the depth of winter, we have the power to emerge from darkness and blossom.
Delectable recipes perfect for Tu B’Shvat.
An amazing fact sheet about one of the greenest countries in the world.
Jewlarious has obtained a leaked document of alternate torture methods under discussion by the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
I’m deaf and going in for surgery for a cochlear implant. Send kosher Chinese – please!
What is the best way to comfort someone who has experienced loss?
A short film featuring Rabbi Noah Weinberg's inspirational wisdom.
Taking responsibility for the environment. A message for Tu B'shvat.
A 4-minute film on the life of Rabbi Noah Weinberg, commemorating his 5th yartzeit.
September 10, 2011
September 21, 2011 4:10 AM
Loved the funny videos that a friend sent to me about the Jewish Holidays and Mocking Lady Gaga
Even though I am a Christian, I care a lot about the Jewish people, their culture and I don't get anti-Antisemitism anymore than I understand any other form of racism; but it does seem that Israel gets the lions' share of hate; even at a global level;where you can't hide your hate. I will be certain to bookmark your site both to learn and to see those funny comedy uploads on you-tube!
September 18, 2011 11:30 AM
Abu Mazan to the UN
For some days I have been going through sites and articles about documents and UN etc resolutions about the rights of Israel to this land including Judea and Samaria and do not understand why we are not using these important documents to fight for our rights.
My family was thrown out of Pakistan and all Jews fled
and many immigrated to Israel from India and we are still being hunted by these muslims. Don't the Jews deserve a land of our own when the arabs around have 21 large countries? We trust in GOD and he will help us. AMEN
September 17, 2011 11:33 PM
It is time for Jews to make Aliyah Now
Speaking as a bat Noah I believe that it is time for Jews everywhere to start planning on making Aliyah, the obvious plans by the Islamic Nations, such as Iran etc., to take over the Land of Israel is pressing now. Trust in HaShem - return to the Land promised to Abraham, Isaac & Jacob ASAP! HaShem will answer our prayers and be with all Israel.
September 15, 2011 1:28 PM
Do you all not see the problems with this video?
1) Mandatory Palestine was like 90% Arab at the time of San Remo. Even if the League of Nations had the authority to give this land to the Jewish people, did they actually have the legitimacy to give it? (or more accurately to legitimize Britain's granting of it) And if the answer is technically yes, why would an Arab, whose roots go back hundreds of years in the area, not resist a plan to turn him into an ethnic and cultural minority?
2) And while we're talking numbers - Dore Gold mentions the fact that Jews have been the majority in Jerusalem since the 1850s, accordingly granting Israel legitimacy over the city. So how does this principle NOT apply to Palestine as a whole, as Jews were the overwhelming minority as of 1920? And this ignores the fact that the same Jerusalem Jewish majority was almost completely anti-Zionist or non-Zionist, when that movement came along,
3) Danny Ayalon et al keep making the point that the 1949 armistice lines were not intended to form permanent borders, with the implication that Israel can keep legitimately keep parts of the West Bank as sovereign territory. But why does Israel necessarily get MORE land than the 1949 lines - if the lines aren't permanent then Israel can equally get LESS land.
4) As a general statement, it is odd that on a site frequently discussing the fact that "God gave it to us" the claim to Israel is based on a purely legalistic argument. So when another international lawyer finds some flaw in the two guys' arguments and finds some other law that permits a Palestinian state, Aish will be singing the praises of Mohammed Abbas? Somehow I suspect that everyone behind this video chose their conclusions first and then looked backwards for evidence to support it.
September 21, 2011 6:16 PM
No, not really
Let me ask you your own question: did you look for evidence first and then arrive at your decision?
Now to address your questions:
1. The British, as a conquering power, had as much right to grant Eretz Yisrael to the Jews as they had to give Eastern Palestine and Mesopotamia to the Hashemites. Somehow the legal status of Jordan or Iraq doesn't bother anyone. Hence, we can surmise that their right to do that is respected. San Remo simply rubber stampted that decision.
2. When you say Palestine, do you mean to include what is now Jordan? That's 2/3 of the territory.
3. There have been many "land swap" ideas discussed, including Barak, Lieberman, etc. All include giving Palestinians land that was under Israeli control since 1949. What do you think idea of letting Umm el-Fahm and other such places rejoin their brothers in Palestine?
4. That is an additional argument to those who don't care about what G-d wants. I hope Aish never applauds the bandit who has a PhD in Holocaust denial and has spent his entire life killing Jews.
September 25, 2011 1:49 PM
I rest my case
Basically everything you've said means Jews DON'T have a right to Israel/Palestine. A homework exercise: think about the difference between granting political authority over an unincorporated area like Transjordan to a royal family, with granting an actual populated land to an ethnic group that does not live there.
September 14, 2011 12:21 PM
Thank you for posting this video at this critical time. The global explosion of information has also given rise to a vast horde of negative propaganda against Israel . I welcome the opportunity to share this video with my friends and family.
September 13, 2011 12:51 AM
Long live Israel
very interesting video, Israel has he right to exist and Jerusalem is a Jewish indivisible city, the palestinians are arabs that should return to arab countries forget about the politicians long live Israel !!!!!
September 12, 2011 11:51 PM
Listen to Chofetz Chaim's Tisha B'Av Shiur
Rabbi Yissocher Frand spoke at this year's Chofetz Chaim Tisha B'Av shiur, which is available on video anCD and tape. He said it right.The noose is tightening around the neck of Klal Israel, and we can't turn to anyone but the Shechina to support us when the world is experiencing troubles.The Shechina doesn't feel comfortable being with us though, when there is strife and dissension among Jews. Yidden, it's time to wake up from our slumber. The Galus slumber has lasted over 2000 years. The world always blames us when things go wrong in the world---let's get together, do teshuva, and beg Hashem to protect us so we don't chaz veshalom see Israel wiped off the face of the map after 2000 years of being exiled from our homeland.
yuval Brndstetter MD,
September 12, 2011 6:29 PM
in th end
International pleges are only as good as the force willing to enforce them. At this time when the West is weak its down to the Jewish force solely
September 17, 2011 11:52 AM
who will stand with israel?
unfortunately, your are correct about pledges. it will be interesting to see who really stands with israel when the sparks turn into flames and bombs and all out war for survival. and it's not just about who is right becacause again, unfortunately, right does not always prevail and "right" is only "right" as perceived by each side. our "right" is certainly not their "right" and vice-versa. when north america was taken from the native americans, is a very good example. even the usa descendants of white europeans admit that their people "took" the land from the indians, but they believed that it was for the greater good. so bottom line is, who will stand with israel against the arabs to take the land back will be the determining factor (imo)
September 12, 2011 2:18 AM
Thank you, Aish.com, for posting this very important video! It corrected some misapprehensions that I had, and I certainly feel like I'm on more solid ground now engaging in debate with the other side. BTW, I think we should call it something other than "Hasbara" - it means "explanation", but it sounds whiny and defensive to me. We need something stronger, like "Information" or "Education". We've got go on the offensive to win the PR battle.
September 12, 2011 1:05 AM
Israel is as legal as legal can be
Israel is historically and realistically a legal,democratic nation. Lets voice our support for Israel on Sept.21 at 11am on the Dag Hammerskold Plaza of the UN. Its extremely urgent as evil once again is attacking our right to exist as a Jewish nation.
September 11, 2011 8:10 PM
There never was a Palestine until Hadrian the Roman ordered cartographers to blot out the name Israel and insert the name Palestine. This is not fantasy, but historical fact.
September 11, 2011 7:24 PM
Why is all this not known to every Israeli, including me?
I never heard of the decisions in San Remo. What about our Government? Don't they know it either? And if they know it, why don't they ever mention it? It is not enough, only to "feel" that Jerusalem belongs to us. Our brain should at least know important historical events, that "prove" it. I am very thankful for this article!!!
September 11, 2011 3:02 PM
Information re: Attorney Howard Grief's Research
For more information regarding Howard Grief's ground-breaking legal research, see: http://www.amazon.com/Legal-Foundation-Borders-Israel-International/dp/9657344522.
September 11, 2011 1:58 PM
Was the creation of the kingdom of Jordan consistent with the San Remo accords?
Was the creation of Jordan on roughly 70% of historic Palestine consistent with the San Remo accords & if not, what effect does that have on the efficacy of those accords?
November 18, 2011 1:34 AM
Creating Trans-Jordan (as it was then known) was legal
Creating Trans-Jordan (as it was then known) was applied for by Britain and authorized by the League of Nations as an amendment to the terms of Britain's Mandate for Palestine. The terms of the original Mandate text allowed for this to happen.
Display my name?
Your email address is kept private. Our editor needs it in case we have a question about your comment.