Here are some ideas to help you feel better:
(1) Fill your mind with happiness-producing thoughts. Create an encouraging inner voice.
(2) Remember the positive moments of your life. Re-experience the positive feelings you had when you lived through those moments.
(3) Get in touch with your moments of strength. When you felt strong, how did you create those feelings?
(4) Increase your sense of meaning in life by doing meaningful things.
(5) Create enjoyable mental imagery. Visualize yourself being joyous.
(6) View your depressed feelings as a challenge that can eventually help you to elevate yourself.
(7) Find some positive way of looking at each event and situation in your life.
(8) Keep a diary of the good things that happen to you.
(9) Keep a self-mastery journal to give you a greater sense of empowerment.
(10) Engage in physical exercises such as brisk walking or running.
(11) List ten reasons why you can feel better even though you are experiencing difficulties.
(12) Each day, do acts of kindness for others.
(For a series of probing questions on this topic, see Rabbi Pliskin's "Gateway to Self Knowledge," p.193-7)