(1) Is God Talking To Me Through The Laws of the Mishkan? http://www.aish.com/tp/i/10minuteparsha/Is-God-Talking-To-Me-Through-The-Laws-of-the-Mishkan.html
(2) Deep Roots http://www.aish.com/tp/i/moha/Deep-Roots.html
(3) The Gift of Giving http://www.aish.com/tp/i/sacks/367965891.html
(4) Trumah 5776 http://www.aish.com/tp/ss/ssw/367964581.html
(5) Builders of the Lost Ark http://www.aish.com/tp/b/bible-blog/Builders-of-the-Lost-Ark.html
(6) Mishloach Manot http://www.aish.com/tp/b/bible-blog/Mishloach_Manot.html
(7) The View From Above http://www.aish.com/tp/i/moha/The-View-From-Above.html
(8) What Really Counts http://www.aish.com/tp/i/reflections/292002971.html
(9) Enter Your Destination http://www.aish.com/tp/b/1-min-vort/292002371.html
(10) The Labour of Gratitude http://www.aish.com/tp/i/sacks/292001731.html
(11) Trumah 5775 http://www.aish.com/tp/ss/ssw/291999451.html
(12) Angels In the Tabernacle? http://www.aish.com/tp/i/10minuteparsha/Angels-In-the-Tabernacle.html
(13) If You Build It, He Will Come http://www.aish.com/tp/b/bible-blog/If-You-Build-It-He-Will-Come.html
(14) If You Build It, I Will Come http://www.aish.com/tp/i/moha/242215391.html
(15) Is There a Face Hiding in the Mishkan? http://www.aish.com/tp/i/10minuteparsha/Is-the-Mishkan-the-Face-of-God.html
(16) In Proportion to Exertion http://www.aish.com/tp/b/1-min-vort/242061671.html
(17) Making the Effort http://www.aish.com/tp/i/gl/242061391.html
(18) On Leadership: The Home We Build Together http://www.aish.com/tp/i/sacks/242061051.html
(19) Trumah 5774 http://www.aish.com/tp/ss/ssw/242051401.html
(20) Terumah 5773 http://www.aish.com/tp/i/shmuz/191000021.html
(21) Pure Intent http://www.aish.com/tp/i/gl/190585101.html
(22) Torah Teasers Parshat Trumah http://www.aish.com/tp/i/teasers/Torah-Teasers-Parshat-Trumah.html
(23) Trumah 5773 http://www.aish.com/tp/ss/ssw/Shabbat-Shalom-Trumah-5773.html
(24) Two Narratives of Creation http://www.aish.com/tp/i/sacks/189562691.html
(25) The Architecture of Holiness http://www.aish.com/tp/i/sacks/The-Architecture-of-Holiness.html
(26) Golden Inside and Out http://www.aish.com/tp/i/pp/139629903.html
(27) Striking the Right Balance http://www.aish.com/tp/i/gl/139629473.html
(28) Trumah 5772 http://www.aish.com/tp/ss/ssw/139627633.html
(29) But Do You Really Want To? http://www.aish.com/tp/pak/parenting/But_Do_You_Really_Want_To.html
(30) Overcoming Laziness http://www.aish.com/tp/i/gl/114895564.html
(31) Making a House a Home http://www.aish.com/tp/pak/fp/114894659.html
(32) Trumah 5771 http://www.aish.com/tp/ss/ssw/114892954.html
(33) Trumah http://www.aish.com/tp/pak/cp/53030932.html
(34) Out of Place http://www.aish.com/tp/i/moha/48961786.html
(35) Giving and Taking http://www.aish.com/tp/b/iam/Giving_and_Taking.html
(36) Never Remove the Rings http://www.aish.com/tp/i/wbr/48960676.html
(37) In the Synagogue http://www.aish.com/tp/b/st/48960116.html
(38) Trumah 5769 http://www.aish.com/tp/ss/ssw/48959991.html
(39) Fixing Relationships http://www.aish.com/tp/pak/fp/48959791.html
(40) Inside and Out http://www.aish.com/tp/b/mt/48957451.html
(41) Human Constructions and Constrictions http://www.aish.com/tp/i/m/48956786.html
(42) Holy Inside and Out http://www.aish.com/tp/b/sw/Holy-Inside-and-Out.html
(43) The Right Intentions http://www.aish.com/tp/b/tb/48950701.html
(44) Supporting the Supporter http://www.aish.com/tp/i/oai/Supporting-the-Supporter.html
(45) God Dwelling on Earth Below http://www.aish.com/tp/b/app/48949291.html
(46) A Tedious Tabernacle? http://www.aish.com/tp/i/ky/48949076.html
(47) Total Integration http://www.aish.com/tp/i/btl/Total-Integration.html
(48) A Symbolic Description of the Tabernacle http://www.aish.com/tp/b/lp/48943191.html
(49) Respecting Food http://www.aish.com/tp/pak/fp/48932977.html
(50) The Charity Solution http://www.aish.com/tp/b/st/48932712.html
(51) Having God in the Neighborhood http://www.aish.com/tp/i/m/48932237.html
(52) Trumah 5768 http://www.aish.com/tp/ss/ssw/48932012.html
(53) Make For Me a Sanctuary http://www.aish.com/tp/i/wbr/48924412.html
(54) 'Roots' - Jewish Style http://www.aish.com/tp/i/m/48917882.html
(55) Holy Giving http://www.aish.com/tp/pak/fp/48917462.html
(56) Trumah 5767 http://www.aish.com/tp/ss/ssw/48916797.html
(57) Innocence Lost and Found http://www.aish.com/tp/i/moha/48910507.html
(58) Keeping Balanced http://www.aish.com/tp/pak/fp/48907072.html
(59) Trumah 5766 http://www.aish.com/tp/ss/ssw/48905987.html
(60) Having Integrity http://www.aish.com/tp/pak/fp/48898387.html
(61) Trumah 5765 http://www.aish.com/tp/ss/ssw/48894532.html
(62) Being Generous http://www.aish.com/tp/pak/fp/48891752.html
(63) Trumah 5764 http://www.aish.com/tp/ss/ssw/48891367.html
(64) Being Consistent http://www.aish.com/tp/pak/fp/48890827.html
(65) Trumah 5761 http://www.aish.com/tp/ss/ssw/48884137.html
(66) Being a Giver http://www.aish.com/tp/pak/fp/48882182.html
(67) Sharing Our Gifts http://www.aish.com/tp/pak/fp/48881587.html
(68) Trumah 5763 http://www.aish.com/tp/ss/ssw/48881362.html
(69) Donating Generously http://www.aish.com/tp/pak/fp/48880417.html
(70) Trumah 5762 http://www.aish.com/tp/ss/ssw/48880392.html
(71) Trumah 5759 http://www.aish.com/tp/ss/ssw/48879902.html
(72) Trumah 5760 http://www.aish.com/tp/ss/ssw/48879897.html
(73) This Is It http://www.aish.com/tp/b/bwb/83754882.html
(74) Trumah 5770 http://www.aish.com/tp/ss/ssw/84335387.html
(75) Tasking Without Asking http://www.aish.com/tp/pak/fp/84338197.html
(76) Three Crowns http://www.aish.com/tp/i/sms/84338802.html
(77) As Seen On the Mountain http://www.aish.com/tp/i/moha/84339497.html
(78) Hishtadlus For A Dvar Mitzvah http://www.aish.com/tp/i/shmuz/84437962.html
Whenever you have a self-conversation, you are always talking to yourself in the present moment. And in each present moment, you get to choose what you think, what you say, and what you do.
You can express it this way: "I am always in the here and now, and in the here and now, I create my present experience with the thoughts that I choose to think."
This idea is tremendously empowering. This idea can enable you to free yourself from much of the distress that you might unnecessarily cause yourself. Everything you actually experience is your present experience, and your present experience is based on the thoughts that you think right now.
To master any positive quality, you must master being able to access or create that positive quality in the present moment. Let's say that you would like to master the ability to be happy and joyful whenever you wish. You only need to be able to access or create happiness and joy right now. As you do this, you will realize, "I am always in the now. Because I can be happy or joyful now, I can choose to experience this whenever I wish."
The same applies to many attributes: you only need to access them now, not in the future. You only need to choose kindness and compassion in the present moment. You only need to choose patience and serenity in the present moment.
You only need to access your courage in the present moment. Some moments will be easier than others. But as long as you have courage stored in your brain (which is always with you), any time you think that it would be great to have courage now, you'll have all you need to have courage now. This way of looking at courage makes it much easier. You don't need to think about maintaining courage later on. You only need it now. And whenever you want to experience courage, you will be in the "now."
Whenever you think about the past, you aren't in the past anymore. You are in the present thinking about the past.
Whenever you think about the future, you aren't in the future yet. You are in the present thinking about the future.
People who have mastered the ability to realize that their thoughts are always in the present free themselves from much worry. All worry is about the future. The future is unknown right now. You can pray for the future. And it is wise to plan for the future. But since you are always in the present, it's not a sensible thing to cause yourself needless distress or suffering for what might or might not be later on. It is better to utilize your time in the wisest way for now.
(from Rabbi Zelig Pliskin's book: "Conversations With Yourself", PP.30-1) [Artscroll.com])
Self-confidence allows you to create goals -- and reach them. It lets you learn from your failures -- and move on to triumphs. It helps you
transform your potential into real achievement. With the help of Rabbi Zelig Pliskin, you will gain that self-confidence.
Rabbi Zelig Pliskin is the author of 25 books with his specialty in mastering happiness and other positive inner resources.
His last 15 books include: "Taking Action", "Happiness", "Kindness", "Courage", "Serenity", "Building Your Self-image" "Conversations with
Yourself" and "Marriage." These books are available at: Artscroll.com.