The next time you invite your friends to spend an evening, instead of playing Trivial Pursuit or Gin Rummy, try this exciting new Aish.com card game. It's interesting, meaningful, and is guaranteed to spark a great discussion about what's most important in life.
Here's how to play:
1. Shuffle the index cards. (see list below)
2. Deal out 5 index cards to each player (face down), and place the remaining pile of cards face down in the middle. Each player should not show anyone his/her cards.
3. Each player will decide which card in his/her hand represents the least important item.
4. Each player in sequence discards one card (representing his/her least important item) face up in the middle of the table (for all players to see), and pick up one card from the deck.
5. Once all the cards in the deck have been taken, then each player continues to discard the least important card to him/her (in turn), until each player is left with only one card.
6. Each player then reveals his/her last card, and explains why it was determined to be the most important item.
7. The group collectively determines which is the most important item from among each player's final cards.
Write down each word from the list below on a different index card. You can modify this list by adding or subtracting items to better suit your group of friends.
Make a Difference in the World
Peace of Mind
Ability to Cry
Ability to See
Good Relationship with Parents
High-Speed Internet Connection
Faith in God
Goals for the Future
Sense of Humor
Having a Role Model
Ability to Hear
Enough to Eat