Torah Teasers Parshat Vayetzei
1. After Yaakov has a dream he takes a neder, a vow (Genesis 28:20). Where else in the Torah is an actual neder taken (not a shvuah)?
2. Which of the sons of Yaakov, whose birth is recorded in this parsha, is not named by a mother?
3. For which child born to Leah is there no reason given for the name?
4. In this parsha, Rachel steals the terafim (idols) from her father Lavan. Where else in Tanach does another woman handle terafim?
5. In this parsha, in what context are the four directions, north, south, east and west mentioned? Where else in the book of Genesis are the four directions mentioned?
6. Aside from the Matriarchs, which two other women in Tanach are described as "barren" (akara)?
7. Where are flowers mentioned in this parsha?
8. Where is ice referred to in this parsha?
9. Aside from the seven years that Yaakov worked for Rachel and Leah, where else in this parsha is the number seven mentioned?
10. What item, mentioned in this parsha, is the tallest thing described in the entire Torah?
From "Rabbi Moshe Atik's Torah Teasers" http://www.amazon.com/dp/1463791623/friendsofaishhat