Miracle of Israel #20 - Independence and War

For the first time in 2,000 years, the Jews regain sovereignty over their ancient homeland.

The Miracle of Israel 1945-1948 tells the inspiring true story of Jewish survival, resurgence and truimph - from the Holocaust through the miraculous establishment of the Modern State of Israel. See rare archival footage of the events, experience the courage and unrelenting determination of eye witnesses who rebuilt their shattered lives, and understand the issues that faced the Jewish nation at its birth, many of which still plague it today. The Miracle of Israel is part of the documentary series, Faith and Fate - The Story of the Jewish People in the 20th Century.
To view the trailer go to www.jewishhistory.org

Destiny is an Educational Media Foundation dedicated to bringing Jewish history to life in an exciting and interactive way. Our goal is to educate, inspire, and instill a sense of pride and purpose in being Jewish. To demonstrate how each and every Jew fits into the big picture of Jewish history. Berel Wein, "the voice of Jewish history", and Ashley Lazarus, award winning film director, present the story of the Jewish people in the context of world history - as an informative tool to help understand today's world.

Article 20 of 20 in the series Miracles of Israel

Comments (2)

(2) Ms. Fine, June 6, 2012 2:18 AM

Inspirational All the Time...

Thank you Rabbi Wein and Ashley!!

(1) Gordon Ross, June 5, 2012 5:09 PM

Incorrect assertion

The Jews have not regained sovereignty over ALL of their ancient homeland! Back in 1922, the British lopped of some 80% of it to create what is now Jordan in favour of their Hashemite clients. That's done and dusted aand cannot be reversed. As for the remaining 20% (Judea and Samaria, the birthplace and cradle of the Jewish nation), while Israel is in control of the area, its presence there is wrongly contested as "occupation". The area should long ago have been formally incorporated into modern Israel. This situation should now be corrected, and the exchange of populations that began circa 1948 with the expulsion of Jews from the vast Arab lands should now be completed by the transfer of 'Palestinians' to the 'Palestinian' state of Jordan.


Submit Your Comment:

  • Display my name?

  • Your email address is kept private. Our editor needs it in case we have a question about your comment.

  • * required field 2000
Submit Comment

Receive the Aish.com Weekly Email

Sign up to our Aish Weekly Update Newsletter.

Our privacy policy